Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > VIN Database for Jensen Healey & Jensen GT > '74 JH Transmission Speedometer Drive Gear

Moderated by: Greg Fletcher
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
'74 JH Transmission Speedometer Drive Gear  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: 02-19-2016 03:05 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
Goldentouch

Recently replaced the Speedo cable on my 74 JH only to have cable-end at the transmission strip. Indication is the transmission drive gear maybe warn or its self locking up or.

Have others experienced this and is there a source to replace the Speedo drive gear? Thanks!

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: 02-20-2016 05:17 am
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Randallclary@icloud.com

I seethat you have replaced the cable. Did you check to see that the output of the transmission speedo gearbox is actually turning. I have a problem where the other end of the speedo cable at the speedometer is worn and does not engage the female portion of the meter. I hope that replacing the cable at weil solve the problem and that the female portion of the cable input to the meter is not worn. If it is, I wonder what I do then. I did notice that when I removed the meter itself, the mech was very gummed up. I cleaned the meter up and sprayed WD 40 to loosen things up. They were really binding up. Make sure that things are free before you put everything back together.

I did have good free turning of the speedo cable to the speedometer, just gummed up which probably broke the cable tip and hopefully not the input of the meter itself. I know that I ahve to replace the cable.

I will check for sources for the gearbox,have you checked the club store or Delta?

Last edited on 02-20-2016 05:21 am by Randallclary@icloud.com

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

Current time is 05:12 am  
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > VIN Database for Jensen Healey & Jensen GT > '74 JH Transmission Speedometer Drive Gear Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems