2nd Post
Brett Gibson JH5 20497

Bump

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

Posted: 04-15-2012 07:02 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
Brett Gibson JH5 20497

It's getting closer...... If you have not been to one of these you are truly missing a great time...... as much as it is about the cars it's more so about the people, every year you meet people who are "old friends" from the last event or events, (it's what class reunions should be) and new people who become instant friends.

We tell our war stories and share our "how too's" if your having car issue's there are always a dozen helpers with their box's of tool's and the willing-ness to share the spare's they brought along "just in case".

I've shared my home and others have shared theirs with me that's just how friendly and social these events are and how lasting the friendships become, never boring and always something to do if you wish.

So if your on the fence about trying it, please come and see for yourself just what a fun time you will have with people that share your interest.

Cheers.       Brett.

Posted: 05-07-2012 09:20 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
Arvin Appelman

bump

Posted: 05-15-2012 12:35 pm
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
Brett Gibson JH5 20497

Bump Bump

Posted: 05-23-2012 12:50 pm
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
Brett Gibson JH5 20497

Oil and filter changed, car washed, carpets cleaned drove around for the last couple of days and all seem's well (Knock wood). So now just waiting to head out down the road to this years event, hope to see you there............

Brett

Posted: 05-24-2012 04:47 pm
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
Jay

I sure would like to be going, but I believe that my schedule will not allow. I hope that there is a great turnout for this East event. Hopefully you all have a wonderful trouble-free time and I will be looking forward to viewing posts of the event.

jay

Posted: 06-02-2012 05:54 am
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
StevenD57

I have just posted some photos from just before this morning's excellent drive event (Thanks Arvin & other organizers!)

Car line-up from morning drive

The cars shown in the line-up are only about 85% of the cars present because some arrived later in the day or elected not to participate in this morning's drive event. In particular there are three or four more excellent Interceptors and one nice bronze Jensen GT that either showed up later in the day or stayed at the hotel rather than go on the drive. There are also three photos of the exterior of a wonderful old stone cathedral we visited on the campus of the University of the South in Sewanee Tennessee.

The afternoon's event included a poker run and an evening informal BBQ event here at the Smoke House Inn in Monteagle Tennessee. Later a fun time was had by all at an silent and live auction for items such as Jensen parts & memoribilia, commemorative shirts from previous events, bourbon whiskey from a local brewery, jewelry items, commemorative baseball hats, and other interesting donated items.

Jeremy Mau elected to not participate in the afternoon poker run. Instead he had a pleasent visit at a wonderful family owned local repair shop where they let him assist in replacing a failed u-joint in the driveshaft of his white 1974 Jensen-Healey.

I will try to post other pictures from the car show tomorrow. Hopefully I will be able to capture photos of the missing cars from this morning's drive.
--
Steven DuChene

Last edited on 06-02-2012 05:56 am by StevenD57

Posted: 06-04-2012 04:59 pm
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
StevenD57

I just uploaded 60 more photos of the JensenEast2012 meet. These latest ones are from the car show in Cowan TN on Saturday. Included are the CV8, 541 and the Jensen GT cars.

http://s685.photobucket.com/albums/vv215/StevenD57/JensenEast2012/

In case anyone has not figured it out, I take photos of the cars and just happen to catch whatever people are hanging around at that point. There were two other people at the meet taking lost of photos and hopefully they will post some of their photos as well. I know there were a few group photos taken during the drive on Friday and someone was taking photos during the BBQ on Friday evening. Also I hope someone can post any photos taken of me while I was giving my tech talk on fuel injection and crank-fired ignition conversions on Thursday evening.

Current time is 03:46 pm  
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Miscellaneous > Jensen East 2012 Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems