View single post by StevenD57
 Posted: 06-02-2012 05:54 am
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
StevenD57

I have just posted some photos from just before this morning's excellent drive event (Thanks Arvin & other organizers!)

Car line-up from morning drive

The cars shown in the line-up are only about 85% of the cars present because some arrived later in the day or elected not to participate in this morning's drive event. In particular there are three or four more excellent Interceptors and one nice bronze Jensen GT that either showed up later in the day or stayed at the hotel rather than go on the drive. There are also three photos of the exterior of a wonderful old stone cathedral we visited on the campus of the University of the South in Sewanee Tennessee.

The afternoon's event included a poker run and an evening informal BBQ event here at the Smoke House Inn in Monteagle Tennessee. Later a fun time was had by all at an silent and live auction for items such as Jensen parts & memoribilia, commemorative shirts from previous events, bourbon whiskey from a local brewery, jewelry items, commemorative baseball hats, and other interesting donated items.

Jeremy Mau elected to not participate in the afternoon poker run. Instead he had a pleasent visit at a wonderful family owned local repair shop where they let him assist in replacing a failed u-joint in the driveshaft of his white 1974 Jensen-Healey.

I will try to post other pictures from the car show tomorrow. Hopefully I will be able to capture photos of the missing cars from this morning's drive.
--
Steven DuChene

Last edited on 06-02-2012 05:56 am by StevenD57