Moderated by: Greg Fletcher
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Stroker Build Questions  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: 04-07-2024 03:37 am
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
Carone

If all works out as planned I should be the new owner of a GT this month. I am wanting to do a stroker and have been doing a lot of research on here but am hitting a few road blocks and could use some help. I am seeing 4 options for stroker cranks/pistons: 2.2 crank and pistons from the club store or from delta Motorsports, a 2.4 kit that comes with connecting rods from Gary Kemp, and a 2.5 kit from lotus bits which also includes connecting rods. Prices are all over the board especially from the UK where exchange rates are really unfavorable. Which “kit” would everyone recommend? I am really struggling to find supporting mods from suppliers and a lot of the sources recommend on the forum have lead to dead ends. Starting with 45mm Dellortos, can anyone recommend a place to source a set with intake? Cams do seem available would you recommend 104s, 107s, or a combination of the two? Lotusbits offers billet cams but they seem pretty extreme, does anyone have experience with them? What other supporting mods would you run in a stroker build? Newer style cam gears and carriers, oiling upgrades, ignition upgrades, ect?

Thanks in advance for the help

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: 04-26-2024 02:14 am
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
vnavaret

I would not mess with the Dellortos off the bat. Rather, I would work some of the other angles to get more power; Raised compression - I believe you can get 10:1 or more with the 2.2 strokers. Delta only offers 9.5:1 for a 2 liter build...

Three angle valve job, gasket matching, porting, K&N air filter, cams. How much do you want to spend? Apparently a great deal if you are going to build a stroker.

There is no doubt that you can get more high RPM power with the Dellorto, as the jet is centrally located, as opposed to the side jet in the Zeniths. But the Zeniths are so much simpler to tune that they are good for debugging your build, and they offer a good balance of power and economy. After you get it all running to your satisfaction you can swap in the Dellortos knowing that the the only tuning needed is the carbs.

Raised compression is the single best thing you can do. It adds power from idle to red line, and improves fuel economy - nothing else you can do will be as satisfying.

Vance

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

Current time is 08:05 am  
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Engine & Transmission > Stroker Build Questions Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems