Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Brakes > Replacement brake lines from automec

Moderated by: Greg Fletcher
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Replacement brake lines from automec  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: 03-24-2023 04:56 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
Darth V8R

Lads:

Wanted to pass this along.

Automec is now offering replacement brake lines for left hand drive JHs. They previously offered only RHD sets. I made an inquiry, and they told me that if I was willing to measure m brake pipes they would create the necessary kit. I passed along the measurements and they got back to me. Here is the link:

LHD Automec JH Pipe set

If you prefer steel, In-line Tube offers a pipe set in steel, pre-bent: LHD In Line JH pipe set

I have not personally used either of these (yet) for my JH, although I have used Automec for other cars and found them to be an easy to use quality product. The downside to the Automec stuff is that you cannot get those laser straight runs of piping that make things look OEM. I suppose you could use a tubing straightener, but the pipes are coiled when delivered, so getting them straight is difficult without a tool.

When I get around to reinstalling the brake pipes on my project, I will report back. Since the car has yet to go off to paint, it will be a while.

Vance

Last edited on 03-24-2023 04:59 pm by Darth V8R

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: 03-24-2023 07:24 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
redracer

Thanks for the info. Fortunately, I some expensive tools for making as well as straightening lines in whatever metal one prefers. I have saved many of the end fittings for such, but one can get them in usually bulk packs. Here's a reasonably priced source:
https://store.fedhillusa.com/britishgirling-316475nutsandfittings.aspx

Posted: 03-03-2024 12:08 am
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
xman

I have had good luck with classictube.com. They have LHD JH brake pipe sets in oem and stainless. The lines are pre-bent but do need some tweaking to fit. I thought they were a good deal. From my own experience: brake lines will rust first from the inside and cause uneven braking.

Posted: 03-03-2024 03:47 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
gmgiltd

I believe you need to be a little bit careful using stainless depending on the grade because of preferential corrosion.
No idea if its available stateside, but I put cunifer brake lines on in the early 1980s and they are still like new. If you havent come across it its an alloy of copper, nickel and iron - ductile and corrosion resistant.

Current time is 06:01 am  
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Brakes > Replacement brake lines from automec Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems