New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Replacement floor mats  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: 01-10-2023 01:05 am
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
Darth V8R

Lads:

Looking for some quality replacement floor mats for my recently acquired JH Mk1. As is the norm, the driver side mat is paper thin and perforated in several locations. I would like OEM/NOS replacements, but will settle for some quality (carpeted?) replacement mats. Good fitment is a must.

Thanks for any tips.

Vance

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: 01-10-2023 05:43 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
redracer

Lloyd Floor Mats makes some very nice ones. I had some "tan" ones with red insignia made for mine.
https://www.lloydmatsstore.com/?ar_clx=yes&ar_campaign=1493206238&ar_ad=492883016632&ar_adgroup=63133021652&ar_channel=google&gclid=Cj0KCQiAtvSdBhD0ARIsAPf8oNnUnpLIwZDmZyfXvTSNyCQWIKLBBj5XIJr8SxvzRxW8WQ4Hhiz_GfwaAhD3EALw_wcB

Posted: 01-10-2023 07:27 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
noomg

Vance,

Since your primary need is a floor mat it sounds like the big stuff is in good order including the most important thing to do which is replacing the timing belt unless you're absolutely sure of it's history. Because if it cuts loose and you're lucky you'll only have to replace some bent valves. "So you've got to ask yourself do I feel lucky today, well punk do you?"

The original floor mats were both a blessing and a curse. They were heavy duty, moulded, and had a cool J/H logo on them. On the other hand when the cockpit got wet like any British car those rubber mats could trap water underneath them for months. As you may have found out floor pan replacement is one of the most common fixes on the Jensen-Healey. Even on my CA J/H I had to replace one and patch the other and yes I still had the original mats. But now they're in my garage.

When I restored my interior I went with a set of period correct matching coco mats that I'm very happy with. If you're interested in this option go to cocomats.com. These guys are great and do custom work to fit your needs. They send you a full size paper sheet or pattern which you cut to fit. So you can make them as tight or as loose as you wish or as long or short as you want. For example you can stop the mat under the pedals to the firewall or extend it up the firewall behind the pedals, it's your call.

Current time is 06:12 am  
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Body & interior stuff > Replacement floor mats Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems