Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Body & interior stuff > Convertable top front header adhesive attachment

Moderated by: Greg Fletcher
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Convertable top front header adhesive attachment  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: 12-18-2020 02:41 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
condog

I removed the convertible top as the adhesive deteriorated from the front header bar.  Cleaned up the header bar and the top but now I am not sure if I should glue the top just to the underside of the header bar after wrapping the front edge or glue to both the underside and the wide top of the header bar as was done previously.  I am leaning toward just the underside to allow for adjustments as needed where the header bar sides bend over on the ends.  How were tops glued to the front header bar originally?Thanks, Michael

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: 12-23-2020 01:18 am
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
redracer

The glue was put on only the underside of the front bow(if you ordered a top from the dealer, it came with a bow already glued to the new top).
Would recommend grinding off sharp edges, especially at the corners where most of the failures occur. Would recommend also that the two edges of the bow be ground to form one smooth edge before using glue.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

Current time is 10:22 am  
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Body & interior stuff > Convertable top front header adhesive attachment Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems