Moderated by: Greg Fletcher
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Jensen Healy 1972  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: 10-28-2020 12:31 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
SweDennis

I have a Jensen Healy thats has not seen the light of day since 1991. I got it from my dad and it sure need to be taken care of.
It was running good just before it was placed in the garage.

Here is my chassinr 10605

Attachment: Jensen Healy.jpg (Downloaded 142 times)

Last edited on 11-01-2020 07:39 pm by SweDennis

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: 10-30-2020 11:08 am
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Harkes

Welcome and enjoy the car. You seem to have an early Mk I and if I read the color code correctly (030 8972) in Pacific Blue.

Posted: 10-30-2020 02:18 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
SweDennis

Hi,
The car is Pacific blue and has good potential.
But i cannot find the engine no.
Anyone here who know where it’s located ?

Posted: 10-30-2020 03:15 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
Brett Gibson JH5 20497

On the engine block rear flange above the starter.

Posted: 11-01-2020 04:43 pm
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
SweDennis

The Vehicle number is 10605
If I have understood everything correctly. So the production started on No 10000 so then my car is no 605. Shouldn't it be 2759?

Posted: 12-10-2020 02:43 pm
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
noomg

Dennis,

I've always found trying to make sense of VIN sequencing to be an exercise in chasing your tail, it's interesting but not particularly useful. I'd be more interested in the build date stamped on the door plate.

Before you attempt a first start I'd highly recommend replacing the timing belt.

Posted: 12-11-2020 12:22 pm
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
Sander

Welcome!

If the car has Stromberg carburetors please check the "T" on the fuel lines between the carbs. If it is plastic, that was original on the car, replace it immediately with a metal "T". Any fuel leak drops down on the distributor and sadly you car goes up in smoke.

Just like the great suggestion of replacing the timing belt, all rubber hoses, lines and tires should be replaced. 30+ year old rubber has certainly dried out and if not already leaking is prone to leak when "tested" or put under pressure. All fluids should also be changed.

You'll get great advice here ....

Posted: 12-11-2020 01:53 pm
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
SweDennis

Thank you for your reply.
My Jensen has Dellorto Carburator and i will absolutely change all vital parts before starting upp and all the fluids.
Very soon i will place a order to Martyn Robey for all the parts that i need. Wont be cheap :)
There is also som corrosion going on in the passenger floor and driver aswell. But since the car has been in a garage for so long i seem like the process have stopped and in the best of worlds i wont need to replace the floor.

//Dennis

Posted: 12-11-2020 04:50 pm
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
noomg

Dennis,

The floorboards problem was largely caused by those damned molded rubber floormats that came with the car. They trapped water underneath them which caused the floor boards to rust out. I know they look nice and are heavy duty but the first thing I'd do is replace them with something that breathes. Hopefully you can get by with a little patching and rust mitigation, but if not repair panels are available.

Sander,

While it doesn't look like the plastic tee is a problem for Dennis, it would be interesting to find a car that actually still had one. Personally I'd be surprised if any plastic tee cars still existed, by this time I'd think they'd all be gone either by burning up, replacement with metal, or just perished from age and replaced.

My car for example, when I bought it in '93 it was a beater, driver and looked like the only maintenance it got was to keep it on the road, but even with that lack of care at some point before '93 that tee was replaced.

Posted: 01-01-2021 03:13 pm
  PM Quote Reply
10th Post
noomg

Speaking of original plastic tees, I saw a '74 Europa recently on BAT, it had a Lotus twin cam, a pair of Zeniths, and yes you guessed it, it still had a plastic tee between the carbs!

Current time is 09:53 pm  
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > VIN Database for Jensen Healey & Jensen GT > Jensen Healy 1972 Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems