Moderated by: Greg Fletcher
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Headlamp removal  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: 04-06-2020 06:07 am
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
discogodfather

I wanted to replace the sealed beams recently and ran into a weird problem- the three screws holding the light in (via the chrome rim) aren't all in an accessible alignment. I can get to one ok at the top but the other two are obscured behind the GRP front panel. Nothing seems to be movable unless I get at something from behind, maybe in the wheel well.

Anyone have any tricks for this? I'd rather not go to the trouble or removing the GRP surround panel at this point.

Maybe there is a way to tilt it so that the screws become accessible using the headlight alignment screws?

Last edited on 04-06-2020 06:07 am by discogodfather

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: 04-06-2020 10:08 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
redracer

I've ALWAYS had to remove the headlight shroud to remove/replace the headlights.
The 2 of #2 crosspoint screws and the 1/4"X 28 threads/inch wing nut on the back--not really that difficult or time consuming.
Concerning the headlight shrouds: the top/uppermost point of the shroud: this needs to be about 1/8" away from the front fender, or I guarantee, the flex in the car will crack the shroud. We always reinforced this upper point with fiberglass on the inside(so it's not visible).
There should be 2 slight indents in the shroud for the left/right and up/down movement of the headlight(at least in the OEM ones--not sure about the aftermarket ones.)

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

Current time is 06:51 am  
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Electrical & Instruments > Headlamp removal Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems