Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Engine & Transmission > Conversion Components Questions

Moderated by: Greg Fletcher
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Conversion Components Questions  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: 09-03-2019 03:44 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
Dakota123

[Collin actually called me this evening, so edited to reflect.]

Too many years ago I purchased a CC W58 kit and am finally actively working on installing.  I would have put money on their being a sleeve in the kit to cover a portion of the input shaft splines. (Colin says the early kits yes, later ones like mine designed to use a Toyota throwout bearing, no.)  I have the piece that carries the throwout bearing (and the pilot bearing/nosecone extension), but no sleeve.  No idea where it would have gone since I haven't opened the box in literally years -- am I misremembering? (Apparently yes, fortunately.)

I've sent a note to Colin but fairly sure I won't hear back in my lifetime. (Oops...  Super nice guy, by the way.)

Also, the clutch provided looks pretty meek based on looking up the parts numbers.  Actually, the cover seems reasonably stout, seems to be a SAAB 900 part (Colin says correct, and should be fine to 200 hp), but the Valeo disk fits certain Toyotas of maybe 100 hp. (Colin isn't too worried based on his experience, but agreed it wouldn't hurt to upgrade).  Doing upgrade research on my own, of course, but if anyone has been there, done that on a more appropriate disk, would love to hear.

Thanks, Mike

Last edited on 09-03-2019 11:19 pm by Dakota123

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: 09-04-2019 06:10 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Rick Willard

Hi Mike,

I did my Toyota 5-speed a couple of years ago. I got my "kit" from Lotus Bits in the UK, which included the bell housing, clutch parts, throwout bearing, speedometer cable, etc.. They had the "basic" version of clutch pieces that are good up to about 180 hp, and the upgraded clutch that goes up to 250+ hp. They're also much more responsive than Colin.

In the end, I got my shifter linkage (that extended my shifter back 2") from Conversion Components, but I got my clutch pieces from Lotus Bits. I would recommend that you check in with Lotus Bits for the clutch part(s) you need.

Good luck!

Rick

Last edited on 09-05-2019 03:51 pm by Rick Willard

Posted: 09-05-2019 02:08 am
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
Dakota123

I’m in pretty close contact with the folks at Lotusbits, I’ll check in with them.

Current time is 07:52 am  
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Engine & Transmission > Conversion Components Questions Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems