New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Pete's Kits  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: 12-05-2016 06:10 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
dbeliveau74

Greetings,
I heard that Pete passed away awhile ago and not wanting to be insensitive about his passing and hoping enough time has passed, I would like to find out if anyone has acquired the remaining incredible kits he designed and put together for the Jensen Healeys.
If so I would be interested in purchasing some of them.
I can be contacted at dbeliveau74@gmail.com.
Thank you for your time.
Cheers,
Dan

Attachment: DSC_1103 (600 x 397).jpg (Downloaded 274 times)

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: 12-06-2016 09:01 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Frank Schwartz

Perhaps if you went to his website, you may or may not get a response. When Pete passed away, I sent a donation to a charity of his family's choice. But I never heard back. He died within months of his wife, that he had been a caregiver for. I know he had one or more sons..surely someone can help you. One is a "jr."I think, so maybe you can find him with a search. Not too many Pete Bahr Jr. around that area, I should think. Let us know what you can find.

Frank Schwartz

Posted: 12-06-2016 09:05 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
Frank Schwartz

More...here is last years obit..I was right..there is a Pete Jr.
Peter F. Bahr

Peter F. Bahr, age 77, of Moorestown, died Sunday, December 27, 2015 in Moorestown, NJ. He served U.S.Navy and retired from Lockheed Martin as a Electrical Engineer.

Beloved and Devoted Husband of the late Janet F. (Nadzan) Bahr. Loving father of Peter (Kathy), Stephen (Madeline), Scott (Janine), Matthew (Stephanie)and Janene (Chuck). Devoted Grandfather of Adam, Katie, Christopher & Michael. Brother of Carol Susan Kleemeyer.

Relatives and friends are invited to attend his viewing on Thursday evening from 6:00-8:00pm and Friday morning from 10:30-11:30am at McChesney Funeral Home, 30 West Main Street, Moorestown, NJ. Funeral Service 11:30am Friday morning at the Funeral Home. Burial will follow at 1:00pm at Brigadier General William C. Doyle Memorial Cemetery, Wrightstown, NJ.
- See more at: http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/courierpostonline/obituary.aspx?pid=177145960#sthash.CIKuLsXn.dpuf

Posted: 12-06-2016 09:22 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
Screenplay

I went to the website some months back (after he passed) and and tried to make contact but never got a response. The site hasn't been active for quite a while.

Clinton

Posted: 12-06-2016 10:10 pm
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
dbeliveau74

Thanks for the reply guys.
I went to the web site a couple months back no response,
Then went back this month but it's not up anymore.
cheers,
Dan

Posted: 12-06-2016 10:34 pm
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
Frank Schwartz

Suggestion:
Check for Peter Bahr Jr in the Morristown NJ area...you should be able to find him and get a phone number and then...

Posted: 02-18-2019 02:23 pm
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
pbahr

Hi all,
As you know, Pete passed away a few years ago. I'm his son, Matt, and I just accessed his account with the intent to close up a few loose ends on his behalf. Pete's Kits is unfortunately closed. The only items I have from his initial store are a box full of the clutch lever boot covers. The garage was full of other spare parts that he collected over the years, and I'm happy to work with anyone who might be interested.

Posted: 02-18-2019 03:37 pm
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
Frank Schwartz

Wow !!! I thought no one from Pete's family would ever come to light. Certainly glad you posted here. I was quite fond of Pete, and did some projects together with him. I even sent a donation to his charity when he passed, but never heard from anyone in the family. I would like to purchase a couple of those boots...and am also interested in learning what happened to his Jensen Healey...
Regards,
Frank Schwartz

Posted: 02-18-2019 06:13 pm
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
noomg

I realize I'm late to the party but can some one explain to me exactly what a Pete's Kit is?

Posted: 02-19-2019 12:49 pm
  PM Quote Reply
10th Post
pbahr

Hi Frank,
I actually wasn't aware of the JHPS website until just the other day. I've been a member of the Jensen East Facebook page for a few years and have kept up to date through that outlet. Thanks for the donation that you made in his name. He had selected a few charities to donate to, and my sister was doing a good job of reaching out to those who donated, so I'm sure that we were just negligent in acknowledging your gift. We do appreciate it though.
A few months before dad died, he asked me to take Yelodog home with me to PA and take care of it. I was pretty successful for a couple years; taking it for weekend drives with my wife or kids, making sure it was being maintained by an excellent mechanic, and keeping it covered in the garage throughout the year just as dad did. The rest of the story is long, but I'll keep it brief... on the Friday before July 4th holiday, I decided to drive Yelodog to work because it was a beautiful morning and hardly anyone was on the highway for my 10 mile drive. Well, traffic came to a stop in front of me and the driver behind me was concentrating on her phone more than the road and she rear-ended me but caused only about $5,000 worth of repairable damage to the rear bumper and some body panels. Three weeks later, the insurance check came and I was driving to the body shop to drop it off. I had to stop at a red light about a mile from the body shop and was rear-ended again but this time by another distracted driver in a Dodge 1500 doing 45 mph. Yelodog was catapulted 75 feet through the intersection. The car was a total loss and the insurance company sold it at auction about a month or two later. And that's about the end of the story. I only recently decided to start taking an inventory of dad's spare parts and thought I'd look around the internet to see how best to get the items in good and caring hands. With any luck, the person who was able to buy Yelodog will fit that beautiful engine into another car and it will ride again.

Posted: 02-20-2019 12:38 pm
  PM Quote Reply
11th Post
chrisl

Hi Matt

Condolences on the loss of both Pete and Yelodog...

Have a think about posting an ad on the home page of this website, or the Jensen Owners Club in the UK - I think you will quickly find takers for any spares.

Pete's expertise lives on Down Under; I used several of his kits on my J-H and GT and they work well. We had some great email exchanges and I appreciated his readily offered advice.

Posted: 02-21-2019 09:28 pm
  PM Quote Reply
12th Post
Dick Fickey

Matt
I purchased one of the clutch lever boot covers from your dad when I restored my first car. I would like to purchase another one if you are going to put them up for sale. let me know and I will send a check.
Dick Fickey
rfickey@suddenlink.net

Current time is 03:44 pm  
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Accessories > Pete's Kits Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems