View single post by pbahr
 Posted: 02-19-2019 12:49 pm
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
pbahr

Hi Frank,
I actually wasn't aware of the JHPS website until just the other day. I've been a member of the Jensen East Facebook page for a few years and have kept up to date through that outlet. Thanks for the donation that you made in his name. He had selected a few charities to donate to, and my sister was doing a good job of reaching out to those who donated, so I'm sure that we were just negligent in acknowledging your gift. We do appreciate it though.
A few months before dad died, he asked me to take Yelodog home with me to PA and take care of it. I was pretty successful for a couple years; taking it for weekend drives with my wife or kids, making sure it was being maintained by an excellent mechanic, and keeping it covered in the garage throughout the year just as dad did. The rest of the story is long, but I'll keep it brief... on the Friday before July 4th holiday, I decided to drive Yelodog to work because it was a beautiful morning and hardly anyone was on the highway for my 10 mile drive. Well, traffic came to a stop in front of me and the driver behind me was concentrating on her phone more than the road and she rear-ended me but caused only about $5,000 worth of repairable damage to the rear bumper and some body panels. Three weeks later, the insurance check came and I was driving to the body shop to drop it off. I had to stop at a red light about a mile from the body shop and was rear-ended again but this time by another distracted driver in a Dodge 1500 doing 45 mph. Yelodog was catapulted 75 feet through the intersection. The car was a total loss and the insurance company sold it at auction about a month or two later. And that's about the end of the story. I only recently decided to start taking an inventory of dad's spare parts and thought I'd look around the internet to see how best to get the items in good and caring hands. With any luck, the person who was able to buy Yelodog will fit that beautiful engine into another car and it will ride again.