New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Convertible Top  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: 04-28-2015 07:42 am
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
stuartmorgan

Hi Gang
Im hitting the forum heavy this week as my son and I finish our 73 JH, hopefully all done by the end of the weekend
We are replacing the soft top with an aftermarket top from the US. The old top is not too bad, but rear plastic is hard to see through and the rear , I call it a boomerang hoop iron, that keeps it flush against boot ( Trunk ) lid has cut through the top.
My question, has any one any tips on removal and refitting, anyone ever photographed the process? Do you normally have to restitch valcro tabs back on etc etc
Also the frame itself, parts look like they are painted in wrinkle coat, like Mopar rocker covers, or should they be painted semi gloss ( satin ) black?
Any help appreciated.
Regards
Stuart

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: 04-28-2015 02:25 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Jensen Healey
Super Moderator

I've heard complaints about the tops available these days. It seems they are copies of old shrunken vinyl tops. Can anyone give a good recommendation on the Robbins top??

I decided to install a canvas version from E-Z Tops which looks nice but is too thick to fold completely into the boot. The pocket for the metal stay was too small, and the sides should have been 2" longer. It was returned and another top shipped out but was only slightly better.

Kurt 13148 runner and 19753 project

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

Current time is 04:41 am  
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Body & interior stuff > Convertible Top Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems