Moderated by: Greg Fletcher
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
1974 JH #19451  Rating:  Rating
AuthorPost
 Posted: 09-12-2014 06:52 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
Screenplay

I purchased my first JH over a year ago (#18059) and disassembled it down to the shell for a thorough restoration, including new floor pans and seat rails from Martin Robey (It wasn't supposed to go this far but you know how that can be). I am constantly scanning ebay and Craigslist for parts when on 9/7/2014 I found a blue 1974 (#19451) for sale in Santa Clara, CA. The 14X6 Panasports and factory hardtop alone were worth the asking price. I expected to find a rat's nest but instead stumbled onto a solid, but neglected roadster. The couple had owned it for nearly twenty years (it had been an unfinished father/son project) and were working on a retirement plan that didn't include an unfinished car. I bought it on the spot. I had a wonderful conversation with the wife the next day upon picking it up and she shared what dreams they had for it and the emotions she felt seeing it leave. When she gave me her contact information so I could update her on the progress of the car, I instantly knew that I no longer had any sort of parts car but something I would turn into a regular driver and will likely become my son's car. I've met the nicest people in the Jensen Healey community. I just wanted to share that.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: 09-12-2014 07:13 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Screenplay

Just realized this should probably be posted in the project section, as well as #18059. Will paste and copy to that section and include updates there.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

Current time is 08:55 am  
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > VIN Database for Jensen Healey & Jensen GT > 1974 JH #19451 Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems