Moderated by: Greg Fletcher
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Speedo Cable  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: 11-07-2010 11:25 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
RG

I am in the midst of removing the instrument cluster. Released the tach and speedo brackets and did battle with the "evil spike" ...... the spike is free (more about that later). I am stymied by the removal of the speedo cable from the back the speedo....please advise.

The "spike" is free...but unfortunatly the "spike bracket" has come unfastened....It appears that it was originaly pop riveted. I am considering refastening with self tapers....has anyone else ever had this occur? There does not appear to be room to get a rivet gun in to re-rivet.  Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: 11-08-2010 01:58 am
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Art DeKneef

If your cable was like one of mine there is a sort of catch that you press and then pull back on the cable. It should slide off. Another car the speedo cable was held on with wire and duct tape. The catch had broken off.

Posted: 08-02-2019 09:26 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
browndog9

Had to learn how to remove and attach speedo cable just recently.
The trick is to locate what to lightly squeeze to release the tab in the retention slot of the speedometer.
You can reach up and feel a plastic collar the moves 360 degrees around the speedometer cable and attaches the cable to the speedometer.
The are two protrusions that go from this collar away from the speedometer. One has a single stalk, the other has two stalks.
Gently, with almost no effort, press the dual stalk down towards the cable while slipping the speedometer forward.
Easy to see once the speedometer is removed what your doing.

Current time is 06:31 am  
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Electrical & Instruments > Speedo Cable Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems