Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Carburetors > Dellorto 40 mounting and initial setup

Moderated by: Greg Fletcher
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Dellorto 40 mounting and initial setup  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: 09-14-2009 04:24 am
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
francisg

I have a few questions for any or our esteemed experts concerning the mounting and initial setup of Dellorto DHLA 40.

1. Where do the rubber washer / thackerry washers go and what is the coil spacing and torque setting?

2. What is the initial air bleed position?

3. Can i mount the carb to the intake manifold on the bench before mounting the assembled unit to the engine?

Carb specs.

Choke 34mm

Main jet 142

Emulsion tube 7772.5

Air correction idle jet 180

Idle jet 58

Idle jet holder 7850.1

Pump jet 40

Start jet 70

Thanks for the help.

Francis G

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: 09-14-2009 11:57 am
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Judson Manning

Opinions will differ, but I'm not a fan of the flexible mounting hardware on the Dellortos due to my past experiences...Strombers are a different story.  What I've done with the Dellortos is make my own gasket material to put on either side of the anti-popping intermediary plates (8 in total).

With 58 idle jets your initial air bleed will be only a turn or so.  I've used 57 and 55 jets on my installations and of course I've needed to add a few turns.  The JHPS club store jettings are a GREAT starting point, but you will need to fine tune the jets to match the exact specs of your engine using a Dyno, CO meter, etc. to get optimum power, mileage, drivability, etc.   If in doubt - run it rich.

Mounting the carbs to the manifold first takes away a lot of the irritation of getting to those bottom 4 nuts.  Go ahead and attach the water line, brake booster, and water temp sensor and mount the entire assembly as a complete unit to minimize the VINO factor...

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

Current time is 10:23 am  
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Carburetors > Dellorto 40 mounting and initial setup Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems