Moderated by: Greg Fletcher
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Adjustable Cam Gears  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: 05-25-2008 11:29 am
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
Tim Knowlton

Can anyone give me the pros and cons regarding adjustable cam gears. My cams are stock and am running Dellortto 40's carburators. By using these what is my performance mpact going to be in low vs. high rpm ranges and what suggestions would you have regarding the cam timing. Also where can I purchase them and are there different manufactures and is one better than the other. As always i appreciate the feed back.

Tim knowlton 

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: 05-26-2008 01:40 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Jensen Healey
Super Moderator

If you have a custom cam profile (or are racing) and want to fine tune then it's a valuable item. For stock cams, there is no use for variable pulleys because the factory already did the tuning work for you.

If you switch cams to another factory option (107, or 104) you will want to use the 104 pulleys available at JAE or the other usual suspects..

Read more about the complexity of engine and cam timing at http://www.elgincams.com

Lucky for us Lotus did another 20 years of engine development after the JH and all we have to do is bolt-on the parts!

Just throw in some 107 cams with 104 pulleys and enjoy the car. You can't get the maximum benefit from 104 cams with the stock 8.5:1 bottom end.

If you have more money then go to the 2.2 crank and 11:1 pistons with 104 cams and 200 HP.

Kurt

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

Current time is 04:11 pm  
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Engine & Transmission > Adjustable Cam Gears Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems