View single post by Jim Ketcham
 Posted: 07-19-2007 11:33 pm
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
Jim Ketcham

You will need mid 80s Toyota Supra (Non-Turbo) W8 transmission.  I believe it is described pretty well in the info for the conversion kit in the Club Store.  You will need the extended shifter housing.  Conversion components calls for the 530mm extended housing.  I found that 530mm is still approximately 1/2 shorter than the stock 4 speed shifter location.  I found that all the Supras I checked had the 515mm extension housing.  I finally had a machine shop cut several and extend them and the shifter linkages to 540mm so that the shifter position would match that of my JH 4 speeds.

You will also need: input shaft extension so the input shaft reaches the spigot bearing, nose cone extension so the throwout bearing doesn't fall off the nose cone shaft (this will require machining the nose cone of the transmission that you find to accept the press fit extension, speedo cable for the supra, bell housing for Supra to 907, and a shorter drive shaft customized to fit the Supra output shaft, and the custom support bracket for the Supra transmission.

I don't think I forgot anything, but I would not bet on it.

Jim