View single post by Darth V8R
 Posted: 02-07-2023 03:10 am
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
Darth V8R

Just wanted to let people how happy I am with my order for replacement floor pressings from Martin Robey. Very high quality, and got here in 5 days.

I have dealt with replacement pressings from others, and they arrive with missing holes and captive nuts, and are often only an approximation of the part being replaced. The floors and cross members are exact copies (new old stock?) of the originals. Right down to the captive nuts, attached studs, and swaged reinforcements. Very nice.

I am putting together a huge wish list for my next shipment from them. Most of the parts are reasonably priced, but they have some parts that are through the roof price wise. I have noticed this trend with others - the prices on some parts go sky high as the inventory gets near zero with no prospect of any additional supplies. Moss and Rimmer seem to do the same thing. <sigh
> My car was an eBay purchase that looked MUCH better in the photos than in person. As an ex-California car it seemed to be nearly rust free. Hah! Peeled up the carpet and found the floors were 80% gone. Oh well, I didn't pay much for the car. Stay tuned for updates.

Last edited on 02-07-2023 03:11 am by Darth V8R