View single post by discogodfather
 Posted: 05-09-2020 03:15 am
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
discogodfather

TXJH wrote:
I will have to do some more measurements to see if the 4 pistons will fit.  I'll get the biggest I can that will fit the 13x7 wheels.  I'm going to try to keep to my budget as best I can, and that cancels the Hi-Spec system for now.  Maybe later?
Are the tires on your 13x7's 205/60-13's?  I haven't seen any that size other than Toyo DOT race tires. 
Thanks againBrian

Yes, these Radail T/A's seem to be one of the only street tires available. Fits great. Really not a bad tire at all. There is also another tire called the Vredestein Sprint Classic but it's even more expensive. Years ago on another set of western 13x7's I had I ran the old Comp T/A's in a 235/50 profile, which was really nice. 205 is a little thin but it's fine for the street.

Tons of R compound tires, literally any size you want between 205-245 in 13 inches, some very cheap. What I do is have a set of wheels with the Radials and then have a spare set with the R compound for track stuff.

Check out JBW, they have many many sizes of 13x7's meant for original Mini's and they seem to do well on the JH. The Revolites have a completely flat back surface and transition to the rim at 90 degrees which helps for the caliper clearance. Not sure about the others but they have many many nice styles, I had my imported from the UK by Mini-Sport USA and it was about $500 for a set shipped.