View single post by Jim Picot
 Posted: 12-02-2015 10:08 pm
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
Jim Picot

Steve, re the manuals, I would think any Vauxhall Viva HB or even HC manual (as far as I can tell) would be fine - I have both and the suspension for both models is the same for the JH. Note, the rear axle is HC, so it might be worth having that one. I have both Haynes manuals.

The Vauxhall training manual sounds interesting - it might have a bit more information than the standard Haynes manual.

I would guess the picture of the Datsun manual is simply an error, or they just used a stock pic to illustrate it. I would think if they sent you a Datsun manual they should replace it FOC!

I wouldn't have thought you could remove the spring retainers without causing problems - they locate the springs on the lower arms and would need something to secure them. Not sure what you mean by "I know others have converted to standard coil springs" - the JH springs are standard coil springs? But I'm intrigued by your idea of using adjustable spring perches if they effectively replace the retainers. I still have my problem with the uneven ride height on mine (30 mm low on drivers side at front, about 20 mm at the back), despite putting in all-new everything.

How would you propose to use them - you might need to fabricate some kind of locator to keep the spring correctly positioned?