View single post by answerman
 Posted: 09-23-2013 04:37 pm
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
answerman

dthewlis wrote: Looking at the original door speaker grilles you sent, I have now uncovered a new difficulty.  The new speakers I got (Retrosound 452N) are the right size, not too deep, and sound really nice.  But they have a little tweeter right in the center which protrudes about 1/4 inch from the plane of the speaker front.  You can see this coming - the original grilles are indented so won't fit cleanly over the speakers. 

I need to see if I can recess the speakers in the doors  somehow to let the original grilles fit over them correctly - or make some kind of a gasket which I was hoping to avoid - or find another set of speakers that will work.
Yes, and that's why I ended up not using them and was able to send them to you.   Though I didn't have the original speakers in Ms. Jenavieve when I got her, they were probably similar to the originals in being a basic full range speaker with a whizzer cone for the tweeter.  The speakers I ended up installing were obviously not going to work with the original grilles, so I just bit the bullet and used the ones that came with the speakers.