View single post by Mason Jones
 Posted: 08-03-2011 05:04 am
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
Mason Jones

In case others are considering the Delta I'll add my experience which was positive.

My 73 came with a complete Delta system that had yet to be installed so the decision was already made. Overall I'd say I'm happy with it. It wasn't easy to install but I chalk that up to me never having had to touch an exhaust system before. It was about as much fun as hanging a door or installing a hood. Lots of finagling.

Also, like Mitch, the angle of the header seemed to be too far down. I didn't bend it but the next section connects to the header at a bit of an angle which is not ideal. Still a nice tight fit though. The original hangars had been replaced at some point and that didn't help either.

As for the noise level I think it sounds beautiful but that's pretty subjective. The original had so many holes my kids refused to sit in it if I started it up so anything was an improvement. I've never heard another JH in person so have nothing to compare to. I don't think I would say it's so loud I couldn't talk or hear the radio though even at highway speed.