Home 

Moderated by: Greg Fletcher  
AuthorPost
Jensenman

I have found a Toyota Supra 5 speed box and located an Excel bellhousing, putting me well on the way to the Toyota 5 speed swap in my 1974 JH5. I have a dumb question: I realize the Toyota input shaft is way different than the Getrag that's coming out, meaning I'll have to go with a different disc. The Supra disc is 8 7/8" OD, 21 x 1 1/8" spline. The dumb question: what is the OD of the original J-H clutch disc for the Getrag cars? I *think* it's 8 1/2". I'd like to find out before I have to pull the gearbox out.

Judson Manning

We chatted about this some time ago:

http://www.jensenhealey.com/forums/view_topic.php?id=498&forum_id=2

Jensenman

Very good information. Can you tell me who made the clutch disc you used?

Jensenman

As it turns out, after getting some outrageous quotes around the nation for a custom 8 1/2" disc, I decided to go a different route. I had a local machine shop drill and tap my flywheel to accept a Toyota Celica (not Supra) 8 7/8" pressure plate. That means I can use the easily available Toyota disc.

My car's tranny swap has been completed (except for speedometer calibration) and the car is being driven. 

pbahr

Is this beauty going to show up at the Nationals in Watkins Glen.  This is going to be a fantastic event, including a few laps around the racetrack, and a presentation by the Watkins Glen official historian.

I maintain that this will be the best East National ever ! ! !

Pete Bahr

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems