Moderated by: Greg Fletcher
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Dana McPeek  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: 12-19-2007 08:20 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
Joel

For those of you that haven't heard yet, Dana McPeek passed away the night before last.  He had been battling congestive heart failure for a while and he finally passed.  He passed quietly in his sleep. 

Dana was a very outspoken and brash fella.  He always made me laugh and I considered him a good friend.

He certainly knew everyone in Southern Cali with a Jensen.  I was constantly getting a call from him to go look at yet another Jensen. 

And, he didn't just polish his cars.  He drove the wheels off of them! No cushy Sunday afternoons of pussing around the roads.  I was always trying to catch up to him driving 100mph around the mountains here in SoCal.  Just a couple of weeks ago we made the run up to Julian from San Diego.  It was CHILLY up there.  But, we took his favorite back roads and put 2 Jensens thru their paces. 

I'll miss those sporting drives thru the mountains, having him call me a %$#@$$$ Frenchie, and telling me to 'keep up if you can'.

I think Rick tried to post something yesterday but I didn't see it so I thought I would let everyone know. 

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: 12-19-2007 08:46 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Jensen Healey
Super Moderator

Very sad news indeed. Dana did seem a bit "brash" in some of his messages but his love of Jensen Healeys always came through. I never met the man, but this will be a poorer place without him.

Kurt Housh

Posted: 12-21-2007 11:41 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
wtberks

Dana was a great guy who wasn't afraid to state his opinion.  I still remember him calling me just so I could hear his GT idle.  Now I really regret not being able to meet up with hin a couple of months ago when he was in the area checking out an Ariel Atom.

This is truley sad news.

Bill Berks
GT 30450

Current time is 09:18 am  
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Miscellaneous > Dana McPeek Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems