Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Engine & Transmission > Tough going into 1st - not going into reverse - 4spd

Moderated by: Greg Fletcher
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Tough going into 1st - not going into reverse - 4spd  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: 11-11-2007 02:12 am
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
Joel

I have a 74 w/ the 4spd tranny (and overdrive which is AWESOME).  It's been a little 'sticky' going into 1st and sometimes 2nd.  No grinding, it just is hard to push in.  I think it seems to get better when the car is warm - but that could be just me.

Now, it's not going into reverse - it grinds.  If I shut off the engine and put it in reverse then start w/ the clutch in - that works fine.  But, I can't put it in reverse w/ the car running. 

I haven't messed with anything yet - as it got worse on my drive this evening.

Clutch adjustment?  I don't think it's synchros - that should just make it come out of gear.  And she stays in gear no problem. 

Ideas?

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: 11-14-2007 11:54 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
frank12873

Hi Joel,

Your problem sounds very similar to mine which I posted recently, except that I can't get my 4 spd into ANY gear with the engine running. Please post the ultimate diagnosis and solution on the board when you resolve your issue.

I just haven't had a chance yet to pull the transmission out of my car yet to check the clutch, which I am hoping is my problem, and not something internal in the transmission. I will certainly post my findings as well.

I am really intrigued by your overdrive unit, Joel; this is the way I want to go with my car if I decide to spend the money to fix her up really nice.

What overdrive unit do you have? Did you install/adapt it to the JH yourself? If so, how difficult was it? My e-mail is frank.fragale@ihrco.com. I am very interested in any and all information you can share with me regarding an overdrive unit for the JH.

Thanks, and good luck! 

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

Current time is 05:36 am  
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Engine & Transmission > Tough going into 1st - not going into reverse - 4spd Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems