Moderated by: Greg Fletcher
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
"BUCKS" WHEN SLOWING  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: 08-23-2007 07:08 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
BILLBEN

I'M NOT SURE IT,S A CARB PROBLEM, BUT HERE GOES....TIMING BELT LET GO LAST FALL; DID A VALVE JOB OVER THE WINTER- SEEMS TO BE A SUCCESS, MUCH TO MY SURPRISE. COMPRESSION GREAT, RUNS STRONG AT SPEED; ACCELERATES FINE. THE PROBLEM IS AS I SLOW BELOW ABOUT 15 MPH; CAR STARTS TO "BUCK" UNTIL I DEPRESS THE CLUTCH. AS I START FROM A STOP, EVERYTHING IS FINE, UNTIL I APPROACH THE NEXT STOP--THEN, SAME O SAME O. STATIC IDLE IS PER SPEC; SYNCRONIZATION IS O.K......IDEAS?????

THANKS

BILL

1974 JH

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: 08-25-2007 10:39 am
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Dan (Florida)

Just out of curiosity, what rpm and what gear are you in when this happens?   Bucking usually occurs on acceleration when the engine is overloaded.  Bucking on deceleration could be just about anything.  Does it buck with the clutch depressed or in neutral??  Blip the throttle with the air cleaners off to see if the slides are moving in unison both open and closed.  Maybe even look for a bare wire around the distributor.   Try to isolate the problem as one of the engine slowing down or the car slowing down.  Keep us posted

Dan

Posted: 09-01-2007 03:49 am
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
pbahr

Bill,

Dan asked what gear and rpm are you at when bucking happens.

Well, what's the answer?  If you are at less than 1100 rpm, put in the Clutch, and the problem should all go away.

YELODOG

Current time is 08:09 am  
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Carburetors > "BUCKS" WHEN SLOWING Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems