Moderated by: Greg Fletcher
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Windshield  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: 08-15-2007 01:03 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
Dan (Florida)

The piece of stainless trim that fits around the base of the windshield fits close to the glass at the edges of the windshield but is almost one half inch away from the glass at the center of the windshield and filled with sealer.  this makes the gap between the  trim piece and the rear edge of the hood much smaller where the wiper arms won't hide behind the hood. The wiper arms as well  will not climb up over the trim when they park.   I am assuming that the wiper arms in a properly set up car are concealed behind the hood. 

Does anyone else have this big gap or has my windshield been "bodgered" by an amatuer.  I would hate to think that the factory did this.

One other question,   my drivers side wiper arm is straight and the passenger side has a slight bend to it that makes the wiper blade not park neatly.  It kind of sticks out at the lower edge.  Aren't both arms supposed to be straight??

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: 08-15-2007 11:47 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Steve Jarvis

The gap on my windshield is approx 1/8" at the outside edge and slightly under 1/2" in the middle.

The wiper blade arms are similar to your description. The passenger side blade is parallel to the edge of the hood when parked. I'll see if I can't load a picture to go with the explanation.

Last edited on 08-21-2007 12:37 pm by Steve Jarvis

Posted: 08-16-2007 03:17 am
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
Jensen Healey
Super Moderator

Mine is the same.

Kurt

Posted: 08-22-2007 12:57 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
Dan (Florida)

Removed the stainless strip below the windshield this weekend and cleaned out all of the old sealer and refit the strip to see what was making it stick out so far (half inch at the center) .  There is a perpendicular section of this strip that fits under and supports the bottom of the glass which in my opinion is a little wide. This holds the stainless molding strip a good half inch away from the glass (way too much). I trimmed this back to around 1/4"  and refit resulting with a flush fit  at the edges and 1/4" in the center.  The wipers will actually park on the strip out of sight .  There was also a rubber gasket  that I eliminated that held the strip off and sealed around the screw heads that was not replaced. That area was sealed with windshield sealer as well.  The whole area looks better with the smaller gap at the windshield base.

Current time is 03:51 pm  
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Body & interior stuff > Windshield Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems