Moderated by: Greg Fletcher
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
hose number  Rating:  Rating
AuthorPost
 Posted: 07-27-2007 08:39 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
smcmanus

What is the preffered hose for this?   I have my pump off so it seems like a good time to replace it.

Thanks

Steve

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: 07-30-2007 10:43 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Ron Mau

Hi Steve,

I don't remember the #, but I measured the inside diameter and the legnth and wentt to the parts store and they found one that would work. Be sore and take the steel spring out so it doesn't corrode.

Ron Mau

Posted: 07-31-2007 12:49 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
Judson Manning

Don't use the flex-hose, they never fit properly, and IMHO look a bit cheap.

As Ron suggests, go to your local autoparts store and browse their collection of hoses.  What you want to find is a 6"-8" straight 1-1/4" hose that ends with a slight bend so it mates up properly to the pump.  Find one that looks about right and trim to fit.

Attachment: upper.hose.jpg (Downloaded 75 times)

Posted: 08-09-2007 12:12 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
smcmanus

Judson et al:  I just got my pump back.  As soon as Bruce got it he called me and asked why the hub was so far in.  I didn't know so  he put the hub where he thought it should be.  It is too far out from the housing to align with the crank pulley so I have to press it almost all the way in to the housing and weld it.

Were there different crank pulleys used on different cars which would explain the odd water pump hub placement? 

Thanks

Steve

Posted: 09-21-2007 04:09 pm
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
Judson Manning

Finally had a situation where I needed to get one of these hoses and document it here.  I started at my neighborhood auto parts store going through everything until I found Hose Number (B) 71489 CS.  I was able to cut it down, then realized one end needed to be rotated about 45^ (hence the masking tape in the pic). 

Using the spliced 71489 as a template I found hose number (D) 71763 CS which appeared to be a better fit sans the splice and masking tape! 

Attachment: DSCF1945a copy.jpg (Downloaded 84 times)

Current time is 12:26 pm  
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Cooling > hose number Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems