Home 

Moderated by: Greg Fletcher  
AuthorPost
timeforwalkies

Seems the subject of wheels is a constant.
I was looking at the my rotors and rear brakes when it occured to me....Why not just rotate the pattern 90 degrees and go to a 4 X 100.  But that won't work because the rear axle mounting flange has big holes at 90 degrees and the fronts have a machined out section for the studs.  Maybe the fronts could be worked, but not the rears.
Ok, so since the Jensen Healey is mostly a kit car (no offense), does anybody know where the rotors came from and the rear ends.  Maybe the rear axles and rotors were updated on the later model car from which ours came.  I think the Brits went metric in the early 70's, but were probably still mixing in 1974.
Just thinking out loud.
Clif

Pat Connor

Clif, if you want to go to 4 x 100mm on you wheels you can make 1" spacers with a dual bolt pattern. I made some for my Jensen and they work fine.  You might have to make a minor adjustment to the lower front fender lip for clearance when turning.

normv

If you realy are set on 4 X 100wheels You can  have the stud holes in the wheels bored offset slightly and use the steped type (tube) wheel nuts depending on your wheel design, of if you are realy rough you can also bore just the taper offset and use the tapered nuts

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems