Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Engine & Transmission > Where did the Prod Racer go?

Moderated by: Greg Fletcher
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Where did the Prod Racer go?  Rating:  Rating
AuthorPost
 Posted: 05-03-2007 06:14 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
Ron Earp

Wasn't there a post around here about a fellow starting to prep a car for Production racing? Did I lose my mind or forget?

Ron

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: 05-03-2007 07:16 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
jcdean

Yes and I don't know.

Can't find it anywhere now.

Joey

Posted: 05-04-2007 12:24 am
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
Judson Manning

Not to be confused with THIS E-prod project car...

Attachment: prodcara.jpg (Downloaded 54 times)

Posted: 05-04-2007 12:31 am
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
Ron Earp

Judson, no, it was a new fellow asking about some parts etc. and had some stuff he needed. I had a few bits of what he was looking for, but I didn't save his info. I think you missed his posting because I don't recall you posting between the time he did and now.

Greg, has the post been lost somehow?

R

Last edited on 05-04-2007 12:32 am by Ron Earp

Posted: 05-04-2007 03:46 pm
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
Greg Fletcher
Administrator

Just a reminder that folks looking to sell and find parts need to place an ad in the approriate section of this web site, the Market Place link. Instructions are posted there. If you have a real post to make for the board and add some discrete mention of needing something at the end, that may fly, but if you bomb the board with with a full-on want ad or to sell or trade then I'll remove it.

Sorry if this seems inconvenient, but the club relies, in part, on the meager advertising we charge to keep afloat. Sheese- it's even free if you're a club member! Although the club is non-profit it still needs to break even each year to stay in business.

Posted: 05-04-2007 07:07 pm
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
Ron Earp

Hi Greg,   I thought he was asking for stuff, not selling, but no matter - point taken.  

I would suggest of having a "For Sale/Trade" sub forum of the website and generate revenue using other methods. I run http://www.gt40s.com (and have run other forums) and like you I need the site needs to break even for me to justify the time to run it. The most highly successful method I've seen is to have a Supporter Status icon that appears beside a person's name on the forum for a period of time (1 year is common) after a person donates to the site. People can click on a link and donate money to the site via PayPal and it works extremely well. The "For Sale/Trade" sub forum will attract traffic, which in turn will attract revenue through supporters. 

Alternatively you can make this sub forum only postable to by forum supporters, as we do on the "Cars For Sale" part of GT40s.com.

Either way, if you had the Supporter Status icon option I'd donate $25, $50, or $75 to the site right now and I don't want to sell anything. So, revenue will increase via people that simply want the forum to continue and be healthy. Since we went to this method some years ago the site generates a little bit of positive revenue, which I in turn use to hire programmers and purchase add ons for the site to make it more feature rich.

While this isn't a whole lot different than the "pay for Marketplace" advertisement, a "For Sale/Trade" forum will be be viewed by many more people than the marketplace and help generate more revenue. And, it'll foster a healthy JH trade community and active board.  

Just a thought for consideration as the site continues to grow and be successful.

Ron

Last edited on 05-04-2007 07:38 pm by Ron Earp

Posted: 05-06-2007 08:15 pm
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
Triplesn8s

Hey Ron, I'm still here.  Apparently the powers that be kicked me off without warning.  I guess there is no help here for struggling racers unless it is paid for...

Nice introduction!! 

Posted: 05-06-2007 11:42 pm
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
Greg Fletcher
Administrator

Instructions for posting on this board are well documented and I think, easy to understand. If you're a club member, ads are free, if not ads are $10. That's not so much is it? Sorry you find that so outrageous, but the operating expenses need to come from somewhere.

I like your idea Ron, but I'll need to find time to make that work.

Posted: 05-07-2007 12:50 am
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
Triplesn8s

Oh.  Someone told me that membership was $25 AND ads were $10.  Thats quite reasonable.

Current time is 07:00 am  
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Engine & Transmission > Where did the Prod Racer go? Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems