New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Not Starting  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: 04-24-2007 09:51 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
Bobby

Hi,

I bought my first 1976 GT at the weekend and whilst driving home after about 10 miles it started to splutter a wee bit then conked out altogether.

I had to get and MOT so i got the guy to set up the carbs while he had the car in for the MOT, it started a treat and ran well for about 4 miles then conked out again.

I fitted a new coil tonight and it was running great and pulling good too, it ran for about 8 miles and started to splutter again so i headed for home, when i got home i let it cool down for half an hour and turned it over but nothing there. I removed 2 of the plugs to see how strong the spark was but there was no spark at all. I checked the distributor cap but  looks good to me, no loose wires either can anybody help please.

Bobby

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: 04-25-2007 12:45 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
jcdean

I had this happen to me before.  Mine was a fuel pump issue.

Joey

Posted: 04-25-2007 09:10 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
Bobby

Joey,

Thanks for the tip but i think i might have sussed the problem. The car had electronic ignition fitted before i bought her and the coil that i fitted last night did not have a ballast resister built in......? I am told this is imperative otherwise the coil will burn out.

I will post the outcome tomorrow night once i try the proper coil out, but thanks anyway.

Bobby

Current time is 10:36 am  
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Ignition > Not Starting Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems