Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Engine & Transmission > Fly wheel / pressure plate balancing ???

Moderated by: Greg Fletcher
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Fly wheel / pressure plate balancing ???  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: 04-24-2007 02:24 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
Brett Gibson JH5 20497

Question, does it make sense to balance a new pressure plate to the old fly wheel if you have had no issue's in the past, my fly wheel is in great shape and the only reason I'm changing the clutch / presure plate etc; is becuase I have the engine out while rebuilding the suspension, so while I'm there ..............  but if it's not necassary I can spend the money else where.

Thanks Brett.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: 04-24-2007 02:43 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Jensen Healey
Super Moderator

Is the rest of the engine balanced? If not, I wouldn't worry about it. Do install it in it's original orientation.

Kurt

Posted: 04-25-2007 06:35 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
Greg Fletcher
Administrator

If you have a stock engine that's never been balanced then that would be a complete waste of time and money. It's quite surprising how out of balance the 907 can be from the Lotus factory.

A good use of resources at engine rebuild time will be getting the crank, pistons, rods, flywheel all balanced at once statically and dynamically. You will not believe what a difference that makes.

Posted: 04-26-2007 10:15 am
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
Brett Gibson JH5 20497

Thanks for the replies, I went to a machine shop and talked to the guy, and he basically said the same thing, save my money till I'm ready for the whole shebang.

Brett.

Current time is 06:27 pm  
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Engine & Transmission > Fly wheel / pressure plate balancing ??? Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems