Moderated by: Greg Fletcher
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Cars & Coffee in Irvine  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: 04-19-2007 05:18 am
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
pc

It's getting a little lonely being the only guy at Cars & Coffee with a Jensen Healey.  Well, I’m not the only guy who’s brought one, I did see a pic of one from a day I wasn’t there.  But every time I have been there I was the only one.

So, if anybody else feels the urge to uphold the honor of the Jensen Healey marque very early on Saturday mornings in south OC, here’s the low down:

first, some links (ignore the old dates on the flyer, it happens every Saturday):

some pix from 02-17-07

some pix from 03-10-07

some pix from 03-31-07

flyer and map

a web page with some history

Google Map

Directions from north:

5 fwy south to Alton
exit Alton

Take the right split on the Alton exit ramp.  This hooks you around 180 degrees onto a street called Enterprise that Ts into Alton.  Swing into the middle lane of Enterprise so you can make a left onto Alton.

turn left onto Alton and swing into the far right lane.
turn right onto Gateway.

If you want to display your car go to the second driveway on the right (follow all the cool cars)

If you just want to check out the cars as a spectator and don't want to display, pull into the first driveway on the right and park behind (or in) the structure (parking way in the back gives you a shorter walk to the showing area) or across the street in the big parking lot on the left.

I try to get there as close to 07:00 as my lazy butt allows, usually ends up around 07:10.  The showing area usually fills before 07:30, on a good day before 07:15.

PC.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: 04-20-2007 05:46 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Greg Fletcher
Administrator

Sounds neat! Thanks for posting that Paul. I just live a few miles from there and I didn't even know about that- duh.

Every Saturday? How long do the display people usually end up staying?

Posted: 04-20-2007 06:52 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
pc

Yup, it happens every Saturday, rain or shine.

The official time is 07:00 to 09:00.  Some folks start wandering out before 09:00 but most start bailing after, with stragglers sticking around for quite some time.  There’s usually a few people still standing around shooting the breeze at 10:00.

Anybody who wants to park in a specific spot gets there well before 07:00

PC.

Posted: 04-20-2007 06:55 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
Joel

It'll be a few weeks but I might be interested in showing up.  And I bet Dana would drive up too.  I've got a lot of irons in the fire right now but in a couple of weeks I could probably make it happen.

Current time is 04:04 pm  
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Miscellaneous > Cars & Coffee in Irvine Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems