Moderated by: Greg Fletcher
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
distributor rotor  Rating:  Rating
AuthorPost
 Posted: 04-18-2007 10:04 am
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
Dan (Florida)

I was wondering if there is a cross reference part number for the rotor in the distributor on the mk 2.    Mine is cracked  and I have extra caps etc. Does this distributor fit any other vehicle.  If not I guess it's Delta time.

Dan

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: 04-18-2007 12:06 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Ron Mau

I have used the rotor for a 1974 mgb. I believer they used the same distributor in them.

Ron Mau

Posted: 04-19-2007 04:11 am
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
Mark Rosenbaum

Most JHs used a Lucas model 25D4 distributor, which was also used in many other British 4-cylinder cars.  Consequently, the rotor for the JH is the same as that used in the MGB, AH Sprite, MG Midget, original Mini, and many others.  The current Lucas part number for the conventional rotor is DRB-101, and DRB-108 for the rev-limiting one (3500 distributor rpm or 7000 engine rpm).

If you don't have a local source for British car parts, you can call Delta, see if the JHPS Club Store has them listed yet, or check with Moss Motors (their P/N 151-710 is for the Lucas rotor, which I recommend, while P/N 151-800 is for an aftermarket part).

Rotors aren't very expensive so you may wish to purchase two, so that you'll have a spare at hand should you need to do troubleshooting at some future date.

Attachment: Rotor DRB101.jpg (Downloaded 96 times)

Posted: 04-19-2007 09:34 am
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
Dan (Florida)

Autozone shows them in stock for $2.99.   I have extra caps, etc.   I hate to mail order and  wait.    The old one  broke in two at the drive end after the rotor hit an electrode and stopped. The car stopped real quick!! This tends to make me believe that I may have a rotor shaft  getting loose, or more end play issues as I am fond of pointing out.  I'm going to bevel the front edge of the new rotor so that it may glance off any electrode it gets too close to.  Might work, might not .  The spare rotor is a capital idea as I could have installed a replacement and driven home.  As it was it cost me a fish sandwich and a few beers for a buddy to tow me back home.  Still a spare would have been quicker.

Dan

4/20   update.  $3.18 at Autozone. In and up  working well

Last edited on 04-20-2007 12:19 pm by Dan (Florida)

Current time is 02:43 pm  
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Ignition > distributor rotor Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems