Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Engine & Transmission > getrag 5 speed shift linkage

Moderated by: Greg Fletcher
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
getrag 5 speed shift linkage  Rating:  Rating
AuthorPost
 Posted: 03-31-2007 03:23 am
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
phil

Hi

Have very sloppy stick. It can travel greatly unless you know by experience and feel.

Does anyone have or know where I can get a parts list/blowup of the linkage and shift setup? I did drop whole assembly out when had car painted and replaced what I thought was the problem ( deteriorated bump/bush immediately under stick), but obviously wrong.

Another thing I thought I corrected was an out-of-line driveshaft when I reassembled, but now I hit housing when I pull stick to me in order to find reverse ( again the getrag 5 speed..reverse is full to left and up). Suggestions??? Put shaft back where it was?? cut housing to accomodate?? Buy a ford??

Any and all advise appreciated.

Phil

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: 03-31-2007 08:47 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Jon Plowe

Phil

Sounds like you have a problem, as from my experience the gear shift on the the Getrag is anything but sloppy, being stiffer/more awkward than the 4sp. The only time I had a sloppy gear shift with your symptoms was when the  mounting bush just below the gear lever (the same as the one you replaced I think) came loose after only a few miles of use after having replaced it  - cured with a nyloc nut.  Things can appear okay as the nut on the transmission tunnel can be tight while the one underneath on the linkage is loose and visa versa, or both. Worth checking

Jon

Posted: 04-01-2007 12:58 am
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
phil

Thanks Jon; will take a look.

Posted: 04-03-2007 04:11 am
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
pbahr

Phil,

I sent you a PM - look for it.  May help solve your problems.

Pete
PETE'S KITS

Current time is 10:18 am  
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Engine & Transmission > getrag 5 speed shift linkage Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems