Moderated by: Greg Fletcher
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Door Panels  Rating:  Rating
AuthorPost
 Posted: 03-14-2007 12:21 am
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
Ron Mau

I am wondering if anyone has a template for the door panels. I am working on the interior and the panels I have are decayed and not much use for making another. If anyone has dimensions of the panel that would be of help also.

Thanks,

Ron Mau

Davenport, Iowa

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: 03-14-2007 02:11 am
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Mark Rosenbaum

Given the size and thickness of the door boards it would be a bit tricky to replicate them at home unless you have access to some very large matte boards.  However, Delta Motorsports sells replacements for a reasonable price; they fit well and the holes are all in the right places.  I installed a pair in my car when I renovated its interior some years ago, and remain quite satisfied with them.

Posted: 03-14-2007 06:09 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
Joel

Send a note to:  Rejenclassics@aol.com (http://www.rejen.info/main_healey.html) , they sell every interior panel for the Jensen.  I got a quote from them and it was quite reasonable.  They'll do different colors (at least black or tan) for you as well. 

I don't know how their quality or pricing is compared to Delta as I have never gotten a quote from Delta.  They were very helpful when I asked them some questions.   They quoted me 245 pounds for a 7 piece interior 'set' - they also sell the pieces individually.  They list stuff on Ebay once in a while.

I figured for that price I couldn't get the stuff and make them myself. 

Please post your experience whatever route you go.  It could be useful for me down the road as I plan to replace some interior panels - eventually.

Posted: 03-15-2007 08:43 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
John Kimbrough

Joel, I used 1/8" pre-painted particle board (Home Depot) to rebuild mine - used the old ones as a template and a jig saw to cut them out.  Painted the edges to waterproof them.  They worked great.  $10.00 tops.  I will send you a series of pictures of the rebuild if you give me an e-mail address. 

John.

Posted: 03-15-2007 08:51 pm
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
Joel

PM sent

Posted: 03-17-2007 01:46 am
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
LambandAndy

Ron,

I have been working on the same problem.  I spent many hours measuring and cutting and have got one complete but I am still not happy with the result (ie holes don't quite line up right).

A friend of mine suggested taking two hacksaw blades and fastening them securely together at one end.  On one blade install a pin in the hole at the other end.  Run the blade with the pin behind a piece of material securely fastened to the door and transfer the location of the holes using a pen in the hole of the other blade.

I have not had a chance to try it yet but it sounds like a good idea.

If I manage to get one completed to my satifaction I will post the dimensions but I haven't had time to mess with it lately.

Andy 15223

Posted: 03-17-2007 04:18 am
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
Art DeKneef

What I have done a few times in making a template is to start with a big piece of cardboard cut roughly to size. Cut out holes to match where the big openings are you can get your hand into. Then tape the cardboard in the correct position.

Reach inside, or get someone with smaller hands and arms, and trace the holes you need cut. remove cardboard and cut out the holes. Then put the cardboard template on top of the wood template and cut out the openings and holes you need. If you make the openings a little smaller to start with, you can modify as needed once the wood template is on.

Art

Posted: 03-21-2007 05:40 pm
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
jcdean

New set for sale on ebay.

Joey

Current time is 09:36 am  
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Body & interior stuff > Door Panels Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems