Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Body & interior stuff > Seat Mounting Crossmember

Moderated by: Greg Fletcher
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Seat Mounting Crossmember  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: 02-26-2007 01:51 am
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
TXJH

What are the dimensions and layout for the front and rear seat mounting crossmembers?  PO had the seat mounts made of perforated u channel riveted in place.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: 02-26-2007 12:24 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Judson Manning

TX,

Check the archives.  A club memeber was kind enough to publish floorboard and (I think) x-member dimensions he used in rebuilding his car.  I used some box-tubing that I acquired from the fabulous Home Depot and/or Lowes on my project.  In the end it depends on how much fab-work you want to do.

Judson

Posted: 02-28-2007 02:10 am
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
LambandAndy

TX,

Attached drawing shows the basic dimensions I used to make my crossmembers.  Basic seat mount dimensions were 13 X 13 but I strongly suggest you check your own.

Pay very close attention to the side to side position of the seat.  There is a small amount of adjustment on the seat rails but if you do not get it close your seats will not slide easily (trust me).

Drawings for the complete floor pans were in the May/June 2006 club magazine if you have them.  If you need the "fore and aft" dimensions I probably have them somewhere but will have to find my notes.  I also have many "before and after" pictures if they would be of use. 

Also seem to remember that cross members are available either in the club store or Delta.  May be an easier route.

Good luck,

Andy 15223

Attachment: floorpan-crossmembers_e.jpg (Downloaded 95 times)

Posted: 02-28-2007 01:50 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
TXJH

Thanks very much for the information

Brian Corbett

Posted: 03-13-2007 01:42 am
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
Dana McPeek

Using the drawing in LambandAndy's earlier message, I STRONGLY recommend that you cut a 3/4 x 3" slot in the forward face of the rail for access the the nut, in the unfortunate event that it should pop the welds.  Nothing is as aggravating as having the nut spin forever, never to remove the seats again...

Dana

Current time is 12:29 am  
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Body & interior stuff > Seat Mounting Crossmember Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems