Moderated by: Greg Fletcher
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Vernier Pulleys  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: 02-26-2007 01:03 am
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
Sylva

I want to fit Vernier Pulleys, as you know these are expensive, so I’m thinking about sourcing a set from a Proton car and machining to fit, I can buy a set fro about 20US$. My thought is to go to a more conventional 132 tooth belt. I know I’ll need to change the Distributor/Oil Pump Pulley as well.

So I’ll be Keeping the same 2:1 relationship between the cam shaft and the crank and using the correct belt for the new pullys, So is there any reason, Assuming I can get the machining done, that I can’t do this?

Thanks for any comments

Kelvin I

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: 02-26-2007 01:07 am
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Ron Earp

That is a good idea I think. Haven't thought of that myself, but now that you mention it I can't see why it would be any problem. And, maybe when you do the swap you could modify a modern tensioner to hold proper belt tension and get rid of the manual piece.

R

Posted: 02-27-2007 09:34 am
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
normv

Kelvin

No reason at all you cant do this as long as you change all pulleys ,Inc. Crank. and assuming you can get a belt with the length to match the end result (it will be the diameter of the pulleys which will determine the required belt length) Hopefully the proton pulleys are equal or smaller in the centre holes as this will make the machining easier. If it does not work out I brought my set from Ross Hockley in Australia, but as you said expensive.

Good luck

Norm

Current time is 04:47 pm  
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Engine & Transmission > Vernier Pulleys Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems