Moderated by: Greg Fletcher
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Fuel Line  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: 02-25-2007 06:14 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
kfsmith

Well, after 7 years in storage, I got the 73 j-h running again. I flushed the cooling system as well as the oil and all seemed well. I've done the back brakes and still need to replace the master cylinder.
When I went out this AM there was a puddle of gas under the rear diff.  On further inspection, years ago, a section of metal fuel line just after where it exits the trunk must have rotted off. It was fixed with a piece of tubing clamped over each end. I've now pulled the tank, removed all the wet insulation stuff and will be sending the tank out for cleaning and possibly epoxy sealing if needed. When this goes back together, what kind of fuel line should I be using? A hard line all the way up or is a rubber line acceptable tied into the good hard line??

Thanks in advance

Kevin

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: 02-25-2007 09:23 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Jim Ketcham

Hello Kevin,

Rotted fuel line under the tank is unfortunately quite common.  The original steel fuel line connects at two points with rubber hose.  It connects to the fuel filter via a short rubber hose and again to the steel front line just forward of the trunk via a short rubber hose.  I replaced mine with a stainless piece of tubing that I was able to bend up to match the original steel.  I do not believe there is anything wrong with using the rubber fuel line in visibly accessible locations.  Especially in the low pressure JH system.  I would not use it under the tank or through the chassis or any other blind spots. 

Jim

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

Current time is 10:01 pm  
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Engine & Transmission > Fuel Line Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems