Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Body & interior stuff > How do you remove the front and rear fenders?

Moderated by: Greg Fletcher
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
How do you remove the front and rear fenders?  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: 02-20-2007 12:35 am
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
dschiri1

I am starting a frame off restoration.  I have a dent in the front fender and dent in to rear fender.  I see pop rivets and screws.  Has anyone taken them off. How do you do it the easiest?  My main question is with the rear fenders.  I would like to know  how the seam on the trunk is put together.  I don't see any pop rivets or screws along the back deck and the inside trunk lid, what and how do to take them off? 

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: 02-20-2007 04:44 am
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Art DeKneef

Inside the rear fenders at the top you will see several bolt heads with the corresponding nut on the inside of the interior and trunk area. Once these are removed, the fender will be held in place with some seam sealer. You'll have to remove this also.

The front of the rear fender is held in place with the pop rivets. Also likely to be there is some lead to smooth some things out. This lead might be covering some pop rivets.

At the rear top where the fender meets the back metal is probably tack welded on. You'll need to gring this off. There are also some pop rivets on the rear of the fender.

At the bottom of the fenders will be a couple of screws (front) and small nuts and bolts (rear).

Once all these nuts and bolts, screws and pop rivets are removed, it will be relatively easy to slowly remove the fender. Any sticking caused by rust can be remedied by moving slowly and being patient.

Posted: 02-20-2007 01:30 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
colinw59

Let me have your email and I'll send you some pics of #15851 with the f/fenders & r/quarters off, which should help you. Colin

Posted: 02-20-2007 05:06 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
dschiri1

my email address is dschiri1@yahoo.com

Thanks david

Posted: 02-23-2007 01:11 am
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
Tom Thomson

Dish

Be aware that the seam sealer that Art mentioned is some world class stuff ! I had to make a thin chisel out of a hacksaw blade and drive it in with a hammer.  If you can find out what this stuff is, please tell me.

Tom 13753

Current time is 07:51 pm  
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Body & interior stuff > How do you remove the front and rear fenders? Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems