Home 
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Body & interior stuff > Dash Instruments, Replacements, Resistance Figures

Moderated by: Greg Fletcher  
AuthorPost
Dan Eiland

As most of you know I am rebuilding and modifying JH 15069. Since I am using a GT interior I am having a new wood dash custom made to accomodate some upgrades such as a new aftermarket airconditioning system (climate control) and all new instruments. I think I have settled on a new set of electronic guages from Smith's Instruments. What I need to know are the resistance figures from the original guages to see if any of the original senders will work with my new instruments. The alternative is to install new senders that match the new instruments. I think the new guages are compatible with VDO resistance figures. I don't think the water temperature guage will be a problem. I just need to find out the size and thread pattern on the sender so I can get one that just screws into the same location (BTW, I'm using a dellorto manifold).  I can use a transducer for the oil pressure sender that can mount in the same location as the feed tube connection on the block. Does anyone know the size and thread pattern for the feed tube fitting at the block? Is there an aftermarket fuel level sender that works on our cars? Picking out instruments to replace the originals is not an issue. The issue is knowing what size senders to use to replace the originals and match them to the new instruments. The hardest one for me is the fuel sender. Can anyone out there help me on this?

Mark Rosenbaum

For the electrical information, see

http://www.jensenhealey.com/forums/view_topic.php?id=14&forum_id=7

Last edited on 01-10-2007 01:57 am by Mark Rosenbaum

normv

Dan

If you cannot find a suitable fuel gauge to match the sender. A good auto instrument repairer should be able to redo your old sender to mach your new gauge. It is just a matter of getting the appropriate resistance. Matching the gauge to the current sender is always the best (cheapest) option though if you can do it.

Norm

Judson Manning

Dan,

The stock water and fuel gauges run off something like 8-9VDC which is why we all expereience false readings when the stabilizer goes.  (Anyone ever run out of gas while the gauge still reads 1/4 full???) 

While on paper it sounds like a good idea, I'd highly suggest replacing the sensors along with the gauges.  Get a matched set so you don't have to worry about accuracy and compatibility.  Like your T5 conversion, there are just too many improvements in technology to not take advantage fo them.

Judson

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems