Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Engine & Transmission > Rebuilding/Upgrading the Engine - Advice Sought

Moderated by: Greg Fletcher Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2   
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Rebuilding/Upgrading the Engine - Advice Sought  Rating:  Rating
AuthorPost
 Posted: 12-31-2006 03:26 pm
  PM Quote Reply
21st Post
Harkes

Dan,

you run a hose from the fitting at the rear of the head towards the heater in the bulkhead. The hose that normally runs from the back of the inlet manifold towards the heater is no longer used, instead you plug the rear opening of the inlet manifold.

Garry built mine like this. I can make you pictures if you like?

cheers

erik

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: 12-31-2006 05:43 pm
  PM Quote Reply
22nd Post
Dan Eiland

Erik, thanks for your response and all your input. It has been great receiving so much help from so many people from around the world on my project car. I know this project would not even be possible if it were not for all the help and assistance I have received from so many. I am very greatful for everyones assistance. I would like to take you up on your offer so I could see how this modification has been done. Keep in mind that my car has been modified to accept an aftermarket air-conditioning system. The new system has Heat.Cool and defrost so it is replacing all my old OEM system. The heater hoses no longer enter the firewall on the left side of my car next to the LHD steering column. I now have four holes located where the steering column came through the firewall on the RHD cars. I will try to attach a couple of photos to show you where the new location is for my heater hoses. Remember two of these are for the heating system and two are for the AC hoses.

Attachment: AC Fitting Holes.jpg (Downloaded 267 times)

Posted: 12-31-2006 05:45 pm
  PM Quote Reply
23rd Post
Dan Eiland

Erik, I couldn't attach two photos on one reply, so here is a second photo. You can see where the four holes are now located on the right side of the firewall. This is where the steering column passes through on RHD cars.

Attachment: AC Fitting Holes 2.jpg (Downloaded 65 times)

Posted: 04-29-2007 04:47 pm
  PM Quote Reply
24th Post
DStein

Hey guys!  Be careful!   The fatory service manual specifies that the "A" and "B" designations are for piston diameter.  There is also a corresponding "A" and "B" liner to go with that piston.  This must be noted when working on a stock motor.  Of course, if you have had a machine shop re-hone the liners.....Stock A pistons are 3.7467"-7.7472" B pistons are 3.7472"-3.7477".  A liners are 3.7510"-3.7515". B liners are 3.7515"-3.7520".  Thus a large "A" piston can be matched with a small "B" liner sucessfully.  Use discretion and check piston-cylinder clearances and keep the lot within spec and you'll be fine.  or buy matched sets.  This is why good mechanics/rebuilders/machinists get good money to perform these services.  If you are doing a DIY, you are best to order the parts you need as a set so that you are assured that the things you didn't think to check have been addressed by someone who knows to check.  This may make me an unpopular voice, but as a former tech, I have found a great deal of misinformation in this area.  I have sucessfully rebuilt several 907's as well as v-12 Jags, etc.  and am aware of many of the pitfalls.  Even at that, there are, I'm quite sure, snags I have not hit.  I have been a Jensen owner since 1988. '74 healey, 104 cams, dellortos, etc.  

Dan

Posted: 05-01-2007 04:15 pm
  PM Quote Reply
25th Post
Jon Plowe

Sounds like it will be a flier when you finished. However, once you've made it go faster in a straight line don't forget that there is probably more you can do in the 'how fast from A to B discussion' by addressing the soft suspension and rather feeble brakes

Jon

Posted: 06-13-2007 01:21 am
  PM Quote Reply
26th Post
Joel

Am I the only one that gets gobbly de gook trying to read the last post?  I have the ability to read chinese/japanese characters on my computer so i don't know if it's me that's having troubles.

Anywho, I see a bunch of Chinese characters.

And no drinking - yet.

Current time is 11:33 pm Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2     
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Engine & Transmission > Rebuilding/Upgrading the Engine - Advice Sought Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems