Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Suspension > Coil-Over Shock/Spring Conversions

Moderated by: Greg Fletcher Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2   
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Coil-Over Shock/Spring Conversions  Rating:  Rating
AuthorPost
 Posted: 01-03-2007 01:42 am
  PM Quote Reply
21st Post
Mark Rosenbaum

As I recall from my early years, a conventional hydraulic shock in good condition offers considerable resistance to motion -- so much so that it might take 3-15 seconds to fully compress or extend the shock.  A shock that moves easily from end to end is almost certainly bad.

As for the rubber bushings, those used to be commodity items and should still be readily available from the major auto parts stores.  Take the old ones in for use as samples, and your parts guy should be able to provide something that will work well.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: 01-03-2007 02:40 am
  PM Quote Reply
22nd Post
Art DeKneef

Thanks Mark. That's what I thought also. Especially with these shocks I expected more resistance then I got. It's been so long since the last time I tried that with new shocks, I couldn't remember what the differences might be.

I guess I'll be buying some new shocks.

Art

Posted: 01-11-2007 07:47 pm
  PM Quote Reply
23rd Post
CMacksey

I did happen to find Koni shocks on my car, however, they have rust all over the surface, they still appeared to work, however.... it might have been the body flex due to the lack of a frame... ;)

Current time is 10:33 am Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2     
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Suspension > Coil-Over Shock/Spring Conversions Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems