Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Engine & Transmission > Thanks to Greg Fletcher -The Club Store

Moderated by: Greg Fletcher
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Thanks to Greg Fletcher -The Club Store  Rating:  Rating
AuthorPost
 Posted: 11-28-2006 08:40 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
jcrc1

I just wanted everyone to know the excellent customer service Greg Fletcher extended to me through the "Club Store". Greg went "above and beyond" all reasonable expectations to help me pick up my car on time hereby saving me well over $1250.00 in extra plane tickets and misc. costs associated with cancelled resevations for My father and Myself.

I had purchased a 5 speed conversion transmission from the club store a while ago to go straight in my car which was being restored in Houston, Tx. The thing when in pretty smoothly and after a little technical support from Judson Manning/ Ron Earp and pictures from Dan Colier, the mechanics were able to modify the linkage to shift as smooth as a baby's Butt. Three days before I was scheduled to fly out with my Dad to pick up the car and drive back to Maine, the Mechanic called and said the main seal was leaking really bad and upon taking off the "nose cone" they found a terribly corroded shaft which basically was working like sandpaper on the seal. I emailed Greg, told him of my plight, and basically resigned myself to canceling my tickets and other reservations ( non-refundable). This is where Greg Fletcher saved the day.

1) Greg " just happened" to have a spare 5 speed transmission on the floor of his office. (he must have a cool job)

2) Greg ran down to the fedex place ( taking time off work),  packed up a transmission and fedexed a replacement transmission to the mechanic so he could put it in the next day.

3) My dad and I did not have to buy new tickets and everything went like clockwork.

4) The mechanic installed and tested it, everything was fine.

We had a fantastic ride home. This was a great time with my dad and I was glad I got to spend a few days with him driving a nice Jensen Healey. He is 72 and I am 44 and it will be a trip I will remember for the rest of my life as I got to spend some real quality time with him with a fun British Sports car.

I seriously doubt many parts stores would have gone to the extra trouble Greg did so I could save a few bucks and pick my car up on time. Thanks Greg.

http://jhppg.com/gallery/album113

Oh Yeah...... the last picture of the dominatrix on the Photo Gallery .... Well, That's not my Wife, If was my sense of humor coming out  after a long restoration.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: 12-09-2006 03:23 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Ron Earp

Nice job fellows!

Wow that car is nice!! Too nice for me, I'd just muck it up, good work!

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

Current time is 10:52 am  
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Engine & Transmission > Thanks to Greg Fletcher -The Club Store Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems