Moderated by: Greg Fletcher
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
My new Jensen Healey  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: 11-15-2006 12:01 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
James Wilson

I'm now the happy-ish owner of a 1972 Mk I Jensen-Healey. Its car no. 10722 first licensed on 12/12/72 and used by Jensen as a company car until 1974. I understand that Ian Royal (shown in the photograph on this site - middle of back row) was the first user.

Its in pretty decent shape- a few very minor spots of rust to remedy, and in need of new seats to replace some after-market monstrosities installed by a DPO, some attention to the window winders, an inoperative fuel gauge, etc. - the sorts of minor aliments these cars suffer.

The engine smokes dreadfully and I'll need to rebuild that over the winter, and I look to upgrade to a Toyota 5 speed and Excel bell housing. I've already acquired a cross-drilled 2.2 crank and bearings, a later head and should be getting some higher compression pistons soon too.

I'll be back....

Attachment: bcfjhlr34.jpg (Downloaded 97 times)

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: 11-15-2006 12:52 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Harkes

Congratulations on your car James!

I have done the supra 5 gearbox conversion with Excel bellhousing with regular clutchcable operation (normally they are hydraulic clutch operated).

My engine is 2.2L with x-drilled lotus crank and the later 2.2L head etc etc. So if you have any questions or want to see pics let me know

Erik Harkes, The Shark 15175

Netherlands

Posted: 11-15-2006 01:07 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
jcdean

I'd like to add my congratulations as well.  I do so totally enjoy my JH.  With the colder winter time approaching all the Northern hemisphere types I forsee many hours ahead of you "sorting things out" in the next few months.

Harkes, post up some pictures!  I do so want to see how everything turned out.

Joey

Current time is 03:38 pm  
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Miscellaneous > My new Jensen Healey Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems