Home 
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Miscellaneous > International Shipping

Moderated by: Greg Fletcher  
AuthorPost
jcdean

I need a place to start looking for shipment of approx. 300 lbs. (160 kilo's) of items from near the London area to Oklahoma City.  Fed-Ex, DHL, etc. are only in the express shipment business for non-commercial folks, such as myself, and speed is not of the essence, ie. I am not wanting to pay close to $1600.00.  If it arives by spring of '07 I am happy.

Joey

chrisl

Try http://www.allied.com/ You can get an online estimate too.

They have an office in the UK and all over the US. I used them to ship stuff internationally, they do it all the time. I think if you are not in a hurry and are happy to share a seatainer with others it also helps costwise 

colinw59

The Royal Mail in the UK, should give the shipper the option to ship via air or by sea. When shipping by sea volume is the cost factor not weight, as it is with air. It could take a couple of months, which from your posting would be ok. I'm English and emigrated to the US in 1992. I shipped larger items by sea and if your not in any rush that's the best way to go. Have the seller check it out for you. Good luck, Colin

jcdean

Thanks to both of you.

Joey

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems