Home 
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Body & interior stuff > Trunk lining plans/ dimensions

Moderated by: Greg Fletcher  
AuthorPost
edward_davis

Hello,

Does anyone have a plan for how to make a hard trunk bulkhead to go aft of the fuel tank?  My trunk has the rustic exposed fuel tank and I'm thinking of covering it up for both safety's sake and presentablity at car shows.  I'd appreciate any advice or plans on how to build a cover for it that I can carpet to match the rest of the trunk.  I have an idea how I might do it myself, but I thought I should check to see if anyone else had a better one.  Probably two or three better ones.

Thanks so much,

Edward Davis

Mark Rosenbaum

You can use common corrugated cardboard to make patterns for all of the trunk finish panels.  Inexpensive and easy to work with.

John Kimbrough

Edward, I just replaced mine a few months ago, and Mark is right, you need to first make an accurate pattern and cardboard works just fine for that.  If you could find someone with his/her fuel tank cover out who could make patterns for you out of butcher paper so you could copy it, so much the better.  The pattern is rather complicated.  Unfortunately, I threw mine out.

Once I had the pattern for both the backer board and the carpet (they are different), I went to an upholstery shop where I bought a sheet of backer board.  There are two or three clips on the assembly that fit up and over the lip of the boot, under the gasket, to hold the assembly in place.  There is also a major bend in the panel where it breaks over the top of the tank. 

I will look to see if I took any pictures when I was assembling it. 

John.

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems