Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Body & interior stuff > Dashboard removal and installation

Moderated by: Greg Fletcher
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Dashboard removal and installation  Rating:  Rating
AuthorPost
 Posted: 09-13-2006 11:04 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
Tim Knowlton

Can anyone out there let me know the amount of time to allocate towards removing the dash and then re-installing it. Also if you can share any tips on potential problems. I need this information for an insurance claim. The dash will be removed from my fully together 74 1/2 JH. As always thank you all in advance for your ideas.

Tim Knowlton

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: 09-14-2006 01:03 am
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Mark Rosenbaum

I've only had my dash out twice and wasn't concerned about time-and-motion studies either time, so this is only an estimate based on recollection.

To R&R the steering wheel, instrument pod, driver's side sub-dash, glove box, glove box pivot rod, transmission console, heater console, miscellaneous trim, heater tubing, and main dash assembly, I'd guess about two and a half hours to remove, and the same to install.  This presumes a brisk and agile mechanic with prior experience, and that the hardware is no more than typically stubborn.  If things are rusty, add a quarter hour for applying penetrating oil to all the fasteners.  If the heater control cables are disturbed when the heater console is removed, add a half hour.  Custom sound systems would also add time.

You should also figure that the car could be tied up for three days to several months if any major parts happen to get broken during the process, and that someone other than yourself should be the one paying any storage fees that resulted.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

Current time is 08:15 pm  
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Body & interior stuff > Dashboard removal and installation Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems