Moderated by: Greg Fletcher
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
throw-out bearing  Rating:  Rating
AuthorPost
 Posted: 09-12-2006 12:15 am
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
jason fain

Hi all!  I was driving my jensen healey sat. morning and when I took off in 1st gear about half way from letting the clutch out something gave and I had no clutch.  I pulled over thinking the clutch cable had broke but it was o.k.   Anyway after futher investigating it turns out the clutch release lever somehow droped down out of the groove of the  throw-out bearing.  I just put a new one on the first of the year when I had the engine rebuilt and there has been no weird noises or clutch problems until all of a sudden this happend.  I guess my question's are, what would make this happen and can I get it back on the throw-out bearing without having to pull the trans?   Thanks in advance, Jason

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: 09-12-2006 01:48 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
colinw59

Hi Jason. When I installed a new clutch lever boot, the lever detatched itself from it's pivot point. The good news is yes it can be put back without pulling the transmission. It's a bit fiddley as you can't see too much in there, you will be working by feel. My guess is that maybe the pivot wasn't fully located into the retainer in the lever. If however this locator (a small strip of spring steel with a hole & slot in it) has broken then you would probably have to pull the transmission, as access through the lever apperture would be impossible.  With the clutch cable disconnected and the rubber boot removed (if there is one!), you will be able to spin the lever around to view this retainer and see if it's still intact. Good luck, Colin

http://jhppg.com/gallery/74-Jensen-Healey-15851

Posted: 09-12-2006 03:57 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
jason fain

o.k thank's for the tip, I will try it this afternoon and hope for the best. Thank's again, Jason.

Current time is 10:23 am  
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Engine & Transmission > throw-out bearing Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems